Register before 5th of October and gain 25% discount.
Deadline for exbitior registration is 19th of October.
Dear colleagues and supporters of the civil associations!
We invite you to the 14th Slovenian Congress on Transport and Transport Infrastructure, which will be held from 24 to 26 October 2018 in the pleasant environment of the Grand Hotel Bernardin Congress Center in Portorož.
DRC, the Society for Research in Road and Traffic Engineering of Slovenia, organizes a traditional biennial meeting of Slovenian and foreign experts on the field of transport, transport infrastructure and logistics. At this opportunity, organizers wish to overcome ten year crisis with the prosperity of civil engineering and enable paradigms for sustainable development of the mentioned profession and activities and easily adapt to the economic and social fluctiations.
Therefore, we wish to present experience and technical achievements of Slovenian professionals on their resignated field, from planners, designers and contractors, to supervisors, operators, developers and researchers. Congress represents a new opportunity for exchange of views and ideas between professionals, politicians and economists. Only by working together and with a mutually constructive approach will we create the conditions for stable growth of the civil engineering as an important economic activity, which with its multiplicative effects strongly influences the development of the entire national economy.
The growth of Slovenian and world economy requires more efficient use and expansion of transport connections. At the same time, climate change and consequental extreme weather events are the reality engineering and transport must adapt to in order to ensure effective and environment friendly mobility. Therefore, modern infrastructure needs to be sustainable and ready for ever new challenges.
With rapid speed, electromobility and autonomous driving systems are gaining more and more influence on the development of an information-oriented society. A prerequisite for their successful implementation is the appropriate infrastruscture. And last but not least, it is necessary to introduce the principles of circular economy into the field of civil engineering.
Above mentioned topics apply to current problems related to the situation and urgent development of all the segments of Slovenian transport infrastructure. Modernization of the Slovenian railway system is being carried out together with a long planned construction of the second rail. The construction of the third development axis as a part of the national road network has never been closer. After years of stagnation, roas infrastructure is being renewed with an accelerating tempo.
Therefore, we are inviting all those who participate in the processes of planning, constructing, maintaining and managing transport infrastructure, users, representatives of civil associations and all those who, in different ways influence the future and development of all segments of transport and transport infrastructure, to take part in the 14th Slovenian Congress on Transport and Transport Infrastructure and actively participate with your professional contributions.
Slovenian engineering can and must be proud of the technological achievements and realization of major projects in the near future. Congress is a unique opportunity for presentation of successfully completed projects, exchange of information and acquaintance with new technologies and doctrines.
To the 14th Congress we invite all the colleagues and friends from related professional societies and associations from neighbouring and other countries, with whom we have developed long lasting friendly ties. Among invited introductory lectures on the first day, we especially highlight following topics:
Electromobility and autonomous driving
– Tanja Mohorič, Director of Automotive Cluster of Slovenia
Modern planning and bridge management practices
– Kiyohiro Imai, Japan, Chairman of the Technical Committee D.3 Bridges of the International Road Association PIARC
European year of civil engineers
European council of civil engineers
(ECCE) has announced 2018 as the European Year of Civil Engineers in order to emphasize their role in ensuring the growth of the standard of living in society, to raise the social reputation of the civil engineers in European countries and to emphasize their key role in facing the challenges society will face in the future. Organizers especially address the sponsors and exhibitors for their support. Only with joint forces will Sovenian traffic and engineering professions gain new strength.
We kindly invite you to participation and expect to see you in Portorož!
President of the Program Committee of the 14th Congress
Samo Peter Medved
President of the DRC – Transport and Transport Infrastructure Association of Slovenia in the process of establishing
Evstahij Drmota, dipl.ekon.
Director of DRC
- SLOVENIA AND ITS POSITION IN THE LOGISTIC CORRIDORS IN THE EU, THE SEASIDE – CONTINENT
- INVESTMENTS IN THE SLOVENIAN TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE
- Development and modernization of the road infrastructure
- Development and modernization of the railway infrastructure
- Development and modernization of the airport infrastructure
- Development and modernization of the port infrastructure
- SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE
- Environment protection, climate changes
- Vehicles, alternative fuels, power trains
- New technologies for the sustainable transport infrastructure
- SLOVENIAN CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES – ECONOMICAL, QUALITY AND FAST
- Innovative approaches to planning, construction and mainteinance of roads
- Design – implementation and application of new technologies
- Digitalization in the construction process
- Materials and technologies
- Measurements, research activity
- Equipment and construction products
- Quality – expense or saving?
- MANAGEMENT OF TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE
- SLOVENIA AND TRANSPORT SAFETY
- Transport safety: people, environment, infrastructure, vehicles
- Electronic systems in transport – Vehicle-to-infrastructure interaction and IT systems for the improvement of traffic safety
- Assistance systems in vehicles and autonomous driving
- SLOVENIAN REGULATIONS AND LEGISLATION, AN INCENTIVE OR OBSTACLE FOR FASTER DEVELOPMENT OF TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE
- Spatial planning and spatial legislation
- Land acquisition
- New construction legislation
- Involvement of non-government organizations, cooperation with the civil sphere, the importance of the profession